Marvel Contest of Champions updated their mobile game with two new characters as well as some new rewards for players to earn to celebrate their 2-year anniversary. The new characters that we can be expecting is Howard the Duck and the infamous Marvel Superman clone, Hyperion. These two powerful characters will be added into the game for players like any other characters through the crystal and arena events.
Howard and Hyperion’s Holiday Hijinks:
The Battlerealm falls silent as the Collector sends his Champions away for a much-needed break while he retreats to a sanctuary to plan his next move against the Grandmaster. Left by the Collector to catalogue and organize his many crystals, Howard the Duck laments his lonely lot in life when a new friend, Hyperion, arrives in need of Howard’s help. Seeking a home for the Holidays, Howard and Hyperion set out on a festive jaunt and find friends in the most unlikely of places. Howard and Hyperion’s Holiday Hijinks will run from December 7th to January 4th of 2017.
Titles are a way to show off achievements in the Battlerealm. Every player will begin with the “Summoner” title. Additional titles can be earned by completing event quests, special events, or difficult challenges.
You can change your title by clicking the “Titles” button in the Profile. Be sure to log in during our Anniversary Week (December 10 – 17) and check your mail for future opportunities to earn titles!
Expert Daily Quests:
To expand on the Daily Quest system, we’ve added three new Expert Daily Quests to the weekly cycle! From Monday to Saturday, three 48 hour long quests will offer TIER 4 CLASS CATALYST FRAGMENTS, similar to the Expert Proving Grounds. Each 48 hour period will be lined up with the two classes available in standard dailies during that time:
• Monday and Tuesday: Skill and Mutant Expert Daily Quest
• Wednesday and Thursday: Science and Mystic Expert Daily Quest
• Friday and Saturday: Cosmic and Tech Expert Daily Quest
Though each quest will contain fragments for BOTH classes, you will be able to choose which type you prefer to collect from the chests by taking the marked path for that class.
• Minor adjustment to Red Hulk’s heavy recovering; we have made it longer to match other Champions.
• Fixed incorrect “”Spark”” effect when hitting an opponent on Android Devices
• Match times out after suspending the app during the pre-fight screen
• Fixed buff Plague mind and now functions as intended
• Signature stones can now be used to Level up past Signature Level 100
• Doctor Strange no longer applies multiple fate seals. This is a minor graphic fix with no change in gameplay performance.
• Fixed Civil Warrior’s Special 2 to refresh Heal Block on the first hit instead of the last. This will make it easier to convert the Heal Block.
• Fixed Doctor Voodoo’s % symbol text attached to his duration variable
• Fixed Mordo’s passive ability text previously stating 2 bars instead of 1 bar