With all the Pokemon craze about Pokemon Go, one must wonder if there is a way to play the game without actually having to walk around in the dreaded heat. It looks like players have found a way to hack the game and walk around the world without actually having to do it themselves in real life. There is always a potential for being banned when using hacks or cheats so use the information with caution if you are planning on trying it out.
In this article, we will cover the iOS version for the iPhone. First, your iPhone needs to be jailbroken so that you can download apps that are not signed by Apple themselves.
- On a Jailbroken device launch Cydia, go to “Sources” tap Edit at the top right hand corner then tap “Add”.
- Now add the Repo URL: http://williamlcobb.com/repo
- Confirm and press done
- Go into Search and type in PokemonGoAnywhere
- Install then respring your device.
- Launch Pokemon Go App
PokemonGoAnywhere can be a bit tricky to use for new users but we will try to break down the app so that you can use it to walk around anywhere in your town.
There is a total of 5 additional buttons when you launch the app, four on the left side and one home button on the right side.
- From top to bottom on the left, the empty circle white button at the top represents your ability to hide the button or turn off the hack/mod but that will also warp you directly back to your GPS location.
- The button with 1X means your walking speed. You have an option of increasing the speed from normal to 2x to 4x.
- The button under it that says “Tap to Walk” means when it’s enabled you will be able to walk around, however, the controls are in beta. You must be facing NORTH on your compass to correctly walk in the direction you are dragging.
- The Patrol button automatically circles your character in the area walking.
- Lastly, the button on the right is the home button which will walk your character to your GPS location.